Saturday, June 26, 2010

Meal and Exercise Plan... Trying to Make it Back to the Gym

I don't know if this helps anyone else, but since it helps me, I'm continuing with the weekly menu and exercise plan. If you want to see how close I keep to my plan, you can just check back on the previous posts here or here. I've crossed out anything that I didn't follow through with, and added what I did instead. Yes, there's a lot that gets crossed out. Especially the exercise parts. I really do want to get better use out of my gym membership, but making it there always seems to be the lowest priority. I'll keep trying...

In case you were wondering, we eat a lot of leftovers because I tend to follow recipes as written, which generally yields at least six to eight servings. Chris and I only eat two of those servings at a time, Jake rarely eats more than a bite, and Brody only eats a small portion of my meal. So, that leaves lots of leftovers- not just for lunches, but also for a second dinner most of the time. I'm still not a huge fan of having leftovers for dinner (although I do enjoy it at lunchtime). But I am a big fan of not having to shop quite as often, or cook every single night, so leftovers it is.

Oh, and I still have more crock pot recipes to try out, so more of those this week.

Breakfasts: cereal, yogurt, granola, fresh fruit (red grapes, plums, yellow cherries, strawberries, bananas). I also want to try more recipes from a preschool cookbook we borrowed from the library, Pretend Soup and Other Real Recipes, especially Hide N Seek Muffins (with a strawberry in the middle), and maybe those blueberry pancakes that I didn't get to last week (if I pick up some more blueberries).We've already tried a few of the other recipes in this book, and I highly recommend it if you have young ones that like to cook with you. It's got the recipes written out, but then also a picture version for the kids to follow. Super cute, and fun.

Lunches: leftovers, fresh fruit

Saturday

  • Dinner: Pork chops, baby red potatoes, green salad
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Yoga class Swimming
Sunday
  • Dinner: Spaghetti with Puttanesca Sauce, whole wheat french bread and a side salad (spinach mixture, feta, dried cranberries)
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Pilates class (we also went to the park and I did some gardening)
Monday
  • Dinner: Chris will be at work, I'll be eating leftovers
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Walking None :(
Tuesday 
  • Dinner: Leftovers
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Spin class
Wednesday
Thursday
  • Dinner: leftovers Chipotle in the car on our way to Phoenix
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Kickboxing class
Friday
  • Dinner: leftovers Mom's spaghetti- YUM!
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Walking None :(  But does it count that I was still sore from kickboxing?

No comments:

Post a Comment