Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Menu Planning... Better Late Than Never

Okay, I'm trying something new here. Maybe I can plan ahead a little better and have a menu ready for the entire week, instead of trying to figure it out one day at a time. And if I include a plan for exercise, maybe I'll actually follow through. Will it make me more organized, require fewer trips to the grocery store, and get me to go to the gym? We shall see. Yes, I realize it's already Tuesday, but I'm trying, okay?

Menu Planning:

Breakfasts: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, vanilla yogurt, granola, fresh fruit
Lunches: Leftovers, fresh fruit (peaches, cherries, apples, nectarines, strawberries, bananas)

Sunday
  • Ribollita Light Soup
  • Grilled cheese (sourdough bread and mozarella)
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Zoo We actually ended up hanging out in South Pasadena
Monday
  • Chicken and Bok Choy stir fry with brown rice
  • Exercise/outdoor time: ? Actually, none :(  Spent the day at work, instead.
Tuesday
Wednesday
  • Chris has a work function, so I think I'll just have leftovers
  • Exercise/outdoor time: YMCA (stretch class? or maybe the elliptical?) stationary bike and elliptical
Thursday
  • Cheesy Italian Penne Shepherd's Pie
  • Green salad So tired of salad- I don't like any of the six salad dressings in the fridge
  • Exercise/outdoor time: YMCA (kickboxing or pilates class, depending on what time I make it there)
Friday
  • Leftovers (probably Shepherd's Pie) Chris came home early and we went out to BJ's Brewhouse- YUM!
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Walk with Brody and Delaney in the double stroller to... ? Sadly, no walk as the babies ended up having opposite nap schedules, but we did spend a little time outside in the backyard. And we went to Target after dinner and parked really far away, does that count as exercise? (Still sore from kickboxing class yesterday)
Saturday
  • Maybe leftovers, maybe eat out, or if we're home, maybe French Dip Sandwiches with Sweet Potato Fries (but I'll have to make another trip to Trader Joe's first)
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Pacific Beach clean up in the AM, park playdate in the PM
Sunday is Father's Day... need to come up with some ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment