Sunday, July 25, 2010

Meal and Exercise Plan

I am not doing very well with sticking to my exercise plan. For the last couple of weeks, I have made it to only two out of the three classes at the gym, and haven't really been doing any walking or other exercise. And I'm not quite sure how to find the time to do more since I have been picking up more hours at work, in addition to my other commitments which are currently cutting into my "free" time (as if there is such a thing when you have kids). I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering if it's realistic to think that I will do some physical activity every day. Or maybe I should just really make sure that I make it to at least three classes at the gym each week and not worry about anything more than that. I'm gonna have to think on that one a little more. For now, I'll stick with my original plan and see if I do any better this week.

Breakfasts: CEREAL- we're not making much progress here. I bought frozen waffles last week because they were on sale, but was going to store them for another week until we got through some of the cereal first. But then I forgot to bring them in from the car, and they defrosted. I didn't want to refreeze them, so they were put in the fridge and had to be eaten sooner. But this week is the week that we're really going to eat cereal. I mean it.

Lunches: Leftovers.

Monday
  • Dinner: Shepherd's Pie (I have a frozen one from Trader Joe's that I think should finally get eaten) and canned pears (yep, still clearing out the pantry)
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Walk (mid-day)
Tuesday
  • Dinner: Fusilli alla Caprese with chicken breast strips from the freezer and canned corn (I have the corn and fusilli pasta in the cabinet)
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Spin class
Wednesday
  • Dinner: Leftovers
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Walk (evening)
Thursday
  • Dinner: Potato latkes (again, from the freezer) and feta, basil and cherry tomato omlettes
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Kickboxing class
Friday
  • Dinner: Out somewhere, anywhere. I have class all day, and will again tomorrow. No cooking for me.
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Walk (mid-day)
Saturday
  • Dinner: Steak and fresh veggies- whatever I find that looks good at the store. Celebrating finishing what will be a long, busy week.
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Walk (evening)
Sunday
  • Dinner: Leftovers
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Pilates

No comments:

Post a Comment