Saturday, July 10, 2010

Meal and Exercise Plan... Staying on Track

So, I've already mentioned (several times) that we went away for the long 4th of July holiday weekend. We left last Thursday night, and came back late Monday night. And those four days were a big part of the reason that I gained back 7 pounds over a week and a half. Seriously, SEVEN pounds. However, in the last four days that we've been home, I already lost four of those pounds. I don't think that's normal how my weight can fluctuate so much.

Anyhow, my point is, while I don't want to be obsessive about my weight, I also don't want to regain everything that I worked so hard to lose. So, I realize that I need to pay attention. And we can't eat out so often. Or eat my mom's delicious cooking too often. I'm not too worried about the type of food that I'll cook, just so long as I am cooking at home and eating reasonable portion sizes.

So, this week's focus in still on using up stuff in the freezer and fridge. (I'm happy to say that there's really not that much left.) And I've decided to combine that with some slow cooker recipes my mom found.

Breakfasts: CEREAL (we have six open boxes, it's time to get through some of them!), yogurt, fresh fruit (peaches, strawberries, plums, grapes, pineapple, apples), cherry chocolate chip bread from the Farmer's Market, banana nut bread

Lunches: leftovers, fresh fruit

Monday
  • Dinner: Herbed Artichoke Chicken with corn on the cob with rice (something needed to soak up all the sauce)
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Walk (mid-day)
Tuesday
  • Dinner: Simply Delicious Pork (pork chops with apples made in the crock pot) and frozen veggies I used the leftover meatballs (and vodka marinara) from last week, along with half a box of uncooked mini penne to make a nice little pasta dish.
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Spin class
Wednesday
  • Dinner: Peppery Potato Soup with homemade biscuits and a green salad We ended up going to a last-minute meeting and just grabbed some fast food on the way home instead.
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Walk (evening)
Thursday
  • Dinner: Leftovers Chicken Salad sandwiches on thin rolls (I bought some chicken super cheap, and originally planned to make this for lunch, but then decided it would be yummy for dinner and we'd just continue to have leftovers for lunches.)
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Kickboxing class
Friday
  • Dinner: Chicken and Black Bean Quesadillas I decided to modify slightly since Chris's parents are here, and turn it into Chicken Burritos with pico de gallo, Spanish rice, beans, guacamole (The last time I made this meat for tacos, it was so delicious! Oh, and I found some really great tortillas at Whole Foods by Tortillaland (yellow bag, refrigerator section). They're uncooked flour tortillas, that you just heat up for a minute in a frying pan. Yum!)
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Walk (mid-day), probably to the grocery store and/or Trader Joe's Cleaning- fast and furious, that counts for exercise, right? It was super hot here, so I was sweating!
Saturday
  • Dinner: Chris and I are going out while his parents watch the kids :)
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Yoga? Farmer's Market? Beach clean up? Not sure what the plans are yet. Park, walking
Sunday
  • Dinner: Crowd Pleasing Chili with cornbread and a salad
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Pilates I forgot pilates class! I guess that's what happens when I stay out too late the night before. :) An evening walk with the family instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment