Monday, July 5, 2010

Meal and Exercise Plan... Using Up the Stuff in the Fridge/Freezer/Cabinets

We were out of town for the holiday weekend, so I'm picking up the menu and exercise planning a little late this week. But last week, I made it to all three of my scheduled classes at the gym! Yay, now on to the harder part: continuing with the schedule.

This week, I am trying to focus on using up the stuff that we have in the house already. Not the stuff that goes bad quickly, but the stuff that lingers around here forever. (If you saw my Food Waste post on Friday, you know just how long things can linger around here.) My family that I was visiting over the weekend will think that this was inspired by them, as we spent a good chunk of time cleaning out the fridge, freezer, cabinets and pantry at my parents' place to prepare for their kitchen remodel that starts this week. But I swear, this post was already planned before that. (Although, I will say, finding spices in the pantry that expired in 1990 did remind me of just how old I am. That was 20 years ago!) Anyhow, here's the plan for this week:

Breakfasts: yogurt, granola, fresh fruit

Lunches: leftovers, fresh fruit

Tuesday
Wednesday
  • Dinner: Grilled chicken and Trader Joe's Organic Radiatore Pasta with Vodka Sauce frozen veggie mixture
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Walking (Farmer's Market?) None. I have a hard time working it in on the days that I work.
Thursday
  • Dinner: Leftovers (chicken and salad?) Chicken salad made with extra chicken from last night.
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Kickboxing class
Friday
  • Dinner: Tito's Tacos- since it didn't happen the other week
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Walking House cleaning, does that count? I did it quickly enough to work up a little sweat. :)
Saturday
  • Dinner: Meatball sandwiches with Sweet Potato Fries
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Yoga? Farmer's Market
Sunday
  • Dinner: Dinner out somewhere with my sweetie (we have a babysitter!)
  • Exercise/outdoor time: Pilates, playdate at the park

No comments:

Post a Comment